Did you know that curtains naturally attract dust, just like flies are attracted to honey? The analogy might not be the best one we could have come up with, but it should help you better understand the amplitude of the phenomenon – as well as its degree of undesirability. Home and business curtains are practical and beautifully decorative fabrics that cloak windows. Their main purpose is to keep sunlight completely out, or pleasantly disperse it when desired. For a business setting, good light can make or break productivity, stimulate good conversation and help seal business deals. A clean, well-lit room that is pleasantly inviting will always make a good first impression.
However, often times, the importance of curtains inside an office setting gets undermined; needless to say the lack of attention given to the actual cleaning process of curtains. Yes, it is a time-consuming process no one actually enjoys. And most people tend to postpone it over and over again. Many reduce it to one or two cleanups a year. But periodical blind and curtain cleaning does come with a number of advantages. Setting up a monthly cleaning ritual for your office curtains and blinds is an excellent idea we warmly encourage you to embrace. Here is what you can do to create and stick to a monthly cleaning ritual for your office blinds and curtains.
Why Do I Need To Clean My Office Curtains More Often?
- Simply put, because you will make your job easier on yourself. Fast and regular cleaning of curtains equals less hassle when it comes to thorough cleaning. Less perspiration and effort cleaning – sounds good, no?
- Don’t worry, you won’t have to show any supernatural traits and skills to do it. Vacuuming, however, should become your main point of focus. So if you are running a small business and you normally handle the cleaning on your own, arm yourself with a good vacuum cleaner with a sturdy upholstery attachment. You will need this special attachment to clean the curtains and get rid of the nasty dust and bacteria; rely on the crevice tool to clean the pleats.
Periodical Curtain And Blind Cleaning Rituals
- Make a habit out of vacuuming the curtains and blinds in your office at least once a month. Do it on both the front and the back.
- Not a big fan of vacuuming in general, let alone curtain and blind vacuuming? Running a bigger business with a huge space that needs maintenance and cleaning? Not to worry, there are lots of 26 organic nyc for businesses that specialize in a number or services, including curtain cleaning.
- Velvet, Jacquard and other heavy fabrics go hand in hand with steam cleaning. This procedure save precious time and energy. However, you will need to make sure that the curtains do not get extra wet. Also, the procedure requires you to own or rent a steam cleaner. If all of this sounds too complicated to you, you can always rely on the professional hands of curtain and blind cleaners.
- Roman blinds can be easily cleaned and maintained with the help of the upholstery attachment and brush on your vacuum. The vacuuming moves should be from to bottom, with special emphasis on the lower end and sides, where the dust seems to linger more often.
- Do you see any stains or splotches? Use a stain remover that is perfectly compatible with the blind’s fabric to avoid further staining of the originally affected patches. Carefully read the labels and try to run a brief test on an inconspicuous surface of the curtain.
- Set up a one day of the month you will dedicate to cleaning your office curtains and blinds, if you do not have a cleaning service hired to do it for you. Set up reminders and treat yourself with a tasty meal out or go see a movie once your task will be completed.
What Can Professional Curtain Cleaners Do For You?
- Professional cleaners can thoroughly clean your curtains and blinds every 18 months or more often. Just like you need to take care of your carpets and upholstery at least once a year, your curtains also need some more detailed cleaning work. Sure you can regularly maintain them and do your best to keep them looking clean and fresh. But experts whose job revolves around special cleaning gear and supplies will most definitely do a better job than you at getting rid of the dirt embedded deep into the fabrics.
- One top service that charges affordable rates in exchange for high quality services is 26 organic nyc. With a long experience of over two decades in the industry, thousands of satisfied customers and an eco-friendly approach to the cleaning process, this service is just what your business needs. They handle anything from steam carpet cleaning to upholstery, tile and grout, hardwood floor, air duct cleaning, including water damage restoration services in case of flood and leaking pipes.
- They can help you get rid of funky smelling curtains and blinds affected by mold. Did you know that blinds and curtains also make for a thriving breeding ground for dirt, dust, mites, and other harmful bacteria? Rely on the eco-friendly cleaning agents and procedures used by 26 organic nyc and get your curtains and blinds thoroughly cleaned as often as possible, preferably at least once every 18 months. Simply vacuuming your curtains periodically will not do the job. Plus, while you may not notice any dirt or grime on your window fixings between two sessions, it does not mean the dirt is not there.
- Professional blind and curtain cleaners for businesses base their cleaning decisions on a number of factors, including the materials the curtains are made of, and the rest of the upholstery materials around the space. Some curtains may need dry cleaning along with steam cleaning. Custom-made cleaning is necessary for curtains that are more sensitive. A professional cleaner will make the right calls, while also deeply caring about the health and safety of your personnel and customers.
Give 26 organic nyc a call at 212-203-0009 and set up an appointment today!